Thursday, October 13, 2005

Dog Bite

August 24

The dog bit me on Saturday night. It was bad!

I was resting my foot on him kind of petting him with my heal when I decided to leave my foot on him.

I don't know really what happened next, but he must of moved so that I pressed on his sensitive, hip-displaced, hind area. He wheeled around and bit my big toe with all the ferocity that he could muster.

For those of you who are worried about the dog taking off my entire foot, know that my dog is a 17 pound Shih-Tzu named "Toad." I think that his mouth is probably just big enough to grab my whole big toe - and that is what he did.

The most disgusting part of the story is coming next - are you ready?

He popped off the toenail!

We went to the emergency room after much freaking out where they just yanked and pulled of the very delicately still-attached nail. That actually didn't hurt - it was already way too far gone.

They cleaned me up, gave me some antibiotic shots, x-rayed me, and when we knew there was no break (or embedded teeth which the x-ray tech told me she always checks for) we headed to the pharmacy to pick up some amox. and begin grieving for my poor lost toenail.

Here is where I need to hear from you. Have you ever lost a nail? People tell me that they often grow back differently and sometimes don't grow back at all. What has been your experience? Leave me a message here at Hi5 or write to me at wongojack@yahoo.com

Comments:
ask luke about this.
 
oy vey.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?