Thursday, October 13, 2005

Pay the Bills

August 11

Things have gotten very money conscious lately as Laura is starting grad school next week. I'm eating a lot of freezer trash for lunch (instead of going out), and trying not to go to places that have things I want to buy.

Family issues have been more than ordinary lately. A few weeks ago my nephew had heart surgery. He's 3 and this surgery has been scheduled basically from birth. I've never really dealt with anything like this first hand, but I'll just say that it was difficult for his parents to listen to him scream and complain about pain as the doctor pulled a drainage tube from the fluid area around his heart. To be powerless as a parent is beyond difficult.

My sister's adopted drug baby will have similar issues as she grows. She's only 1 now, but to give you an idea of her progress, they just removed her feeding tube during the day. She still wears it at night, and just doesn't like to eat very much. She gives the "All Done" sign in baby sign language after one bite of regular food.

My neice and nephew are of different parents so these health issues are happening at opposite ends of the family. Somewhere in between are Laura and I who can't really picture kids in our future no matter how hard we try.

Work has been pretty good this week. Its nice to feel like you're in the middle of something important. I've been a key player in a few new business opportunities which I think have taught me a lot and have been really engaging. I hope there is more on the way.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?