Thursday, October 13, 2005

Weekend News

September 12

This weekend I drank too much while playing Canasta with some couple friends of ours. Not REALLY too much, but just enough that I had a headache when I woke up on Saturday. It was fun though. Its really the third time in 2 weeks that we've gotten together with them.

Canasta is a fun card game that your grandmother might know how to play if you ask her. Or you can call me up and schedule a time to play.

The Saturday morning headache set the tone for the whole day - we sat around watching TV, playing computer games, and doing various clean-up chores. The good part of that is we didn't spend a penny all weekend, but we barely left the apartment.

Sunday night L and I went to Reunion area here in our fair city of Dallas, TX where we helped with child care for some of the families displaced from Katrina. It was humbling as we saw almost the entire floor of Reunion packed with Nat'l Guard cots. NO PRIVACY.

Playing with the kids was fun and pretty easy. I'll probably end up going next Sunday night as well.

One thing that occured to me while we were there was that if you had some kind of addiction to alcohol or drugs or whatever before the hurricane, you'd be going cold turkey right now. I am sure that the full time relief personnel are having to deal with a lot of that. Also, if your marraige was not in good shape, I'm sure spending a few weeks with 1500 of your not so closest friends would not do anything to make it better.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?