Thursday, October 13, 2005

Whats With all the Rebates?

June 20

I've sent in a ton of rebates recently. I am a pretty organized guy, but the elaborate lengths that you have to go through to fulfill some of these rebates seems pretty outrageous.

The worst so far is for L and my mobile phones: $25 cash back for each phone, but I have to send in the 5th month's bill from the start of service, including all the original documentation that came with the phones. I've kept up with it and am ready to send my info in next month, but jeez!

Another favorite is when you get $20 in rebates but they are divided between 2 seperate $10 rebates (Thank you Linksys).

I wonder how companies make money on rebates. I've heard that the non-fulfillment rate is close to 70%! If anyone has data on this, I'd be interested to know.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?