Monday, March 06, 2006

Journey on Saturday

  • JOURNEY


  • I think with the move to the new location, Journey should also consider moving worship time from Sunday night to late Saturday afternoon, say 5pm.

    Here are my reasons (mostly all selfish)

    I would just be a lot more likely to go. Sunday night is a time when I am wrapping the weekend up and inevitably have something to do that I’ve put off all weekend long. I never feel like I have appropriate time to socialize on Sunday night because of the impending dread that the end-of-weekend feelings bring on.

    When I do come to Journey, I always want to rush home right away, which takes away a big part of the “community” aspect for me. On Saturday, I would be a lot more likely to socialize after Journey which would re-open the whole thing to me and Laura.

    Maybe with the move to the new building, it would be a good time to suggest a schedule change?

    Comments:
    Hmmm...no takers?
     
    we started on saturday nights and changed to sunday nights to fit the schedules of the general populus. i don't see saturdays happening dude.
     
    I thought you were changing that picture?
     
    we're thinking about changing the time to 5pm on sunday... would that help?

    also- the general consensus was that there are always things to do on saturday.. weddings, family bday parties, soccer games, etc. i think you are in the very small minority of people that would be more available on saturday. but i do wish ya'll would start coming sunday! the service is always short, and even if you go out to eat, you can be home by 8:30. (7:30 if we start at 5:00)
     
    i'm quitting journey if it moves to saturday. i don't like to interrupt my weekend to go hang out with Jesus.

    i don't like 5pm sunday, either. that still cuts into my weekend.
     
    Post a Comment



    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?