Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Time to Relax

We got a really nice hotel suite while we stayed in a city called Surfer's Paradise. Because of the wedding, we spent more time here than any other stop on our trip and took the time to relax a bit.

The first part of our trip was full of early mornings and busy city bustling while this stop was much more about sleeping late, reading, and watching music videos on Australian TV.

Watching videos was a much more pleasant experience than the equivalent activity back here in the states. I found out that Silverchair is still really big over there along with another band I'd never heard of called Powderfinger.

I took a lot of comics on the trip, and I got to read some of them in 'Surfers'. I also went to the bookstore and bought a bunch (like 4) foreign affairs mags and journals which I dug into during the trip.

Reading list included but was not limited to:
Transformers - Infiltration and Stormbringer
--These are both trade paperbacks which means they collect a series of individual comics into one magazine sized paperback
book

Star Wars Legacy Vol 1; Broken
--Also a trade paperback

(Adjectiveless) X-MEN
--I read about 15 or so individual comics from the no adjective X-Men series. L has a subscription and I got caught up on those just before issue #200

Wired Magazine
--It was July and I was reading February and March

Texas Monthly
--Surprisingly good - I think I read April and June

Harvard International Review
--Volume 29, Issue 1

National Review
--June 25, 2007. I barely made it into this one but picked it up again when we got back

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?