Wednesday, May 07, 2008

The Tudors - Mixed Feelings


I have mixed feelings about this show. I'm only watching season 1 right now and while I have to admit I am really interested in the fictionalization of the history, the sex is outrageous.

L and I keep Wikipedia open while watching it to check facts and refresh our memory on the history, its really fascinating, but the show at times almost seems obligated to show you some boobs.

In a couple of episodes there has literally been a meaningless sex scene. Henry sees woman - Cut - Woman is naked. More than once the naked recipient of Henry's love doesn't even have any lines and is never featured in the show again - Thats pretty much the definition of soft core.

The thing that really made me question the show was when they proceeded to show us Mary Boleyn giving the kings royal scepter a bit of oral satisfaction. They basically just stopped short of showing his actual wang - again soft core.

In spite of the obligatory Showtime moment (and sometimes because of it) the show is pretty good. I recommend checking this one out on DVD, but I wouldn't recommend watching it with your mom.

Unless of course you don't mind watching doggie style with your mom - then go ahead.

Comments:
Excellent. I agree. I love the image of you and L fact checking during the show.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?