Wednesday, October 22, 2008

French Futur and Conditionnel: How to tell the difference when spoken

I've always assumed they were pronounced the same way until I went searching for some pronunciation hints for another question and found this thread

http://www.languefrancaise.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3013

No one has ever explained it to me that way before, and a little light bulb went on inside my head when I read it. If I can remember, I will now pronounce the conditionnel je serais as if it ended in e grave (I can't type accents into this blog)

Anyone know what @ is called in French? I’ve heard ‘a commercial’ and ‘arabesque’

Comments:
they say arabesque here. of course sometimes you hear a french pronounced "at" but mostly i hear arabesque.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?