Wednesday, November 25, 2009

My 'Feedback' to GameInformer magazine about their feature on the top 200 video games of all time

From: Jonathan Clark
Subject: Show me some C64!
To: feedback@gameinformer.com
Cc: wongojack@yahoo.com
Date: Tuesday, November 24, 2009, 7:59 PM


I love your magazine, but I couldn't help noticing that your list of top 200 games of all time included no titles from the Commodore 64 (or Amiga). I know we all love our arcade classics, but there were people playing games between 1983 and 1986 and they did it on Commodores (and others - nice cameo by Lode Runner for Apple II).

Zelda is in my top 5 games of all time, but certainly some games from the C64 could have made it in "The 200" - Sid Meier's Pirates, Summer Games, Bard's Tale, Impossible Mission????

Thats not to mention the fact that some genres like sports franchise modes trace their origins back to Amiga/64 titles like Superstar Ice Hockey. How bout the Jump Man lovers who claim that Mario ripped them off?

I know C64 is just a memory and probably didn't do squat in Japan, but I think at least one game could have made it in the top 200.

PS - Nice choice on the 2600 being represented by Adventure. It was way ahead of its time. Although I wouldn't be surprised if you got an angry e-mail from David Crane

Comments:
J,

One of my favorite games of all time was the Ultima series on my C64. The C64 was great for games.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?