Monday, March 22, 2010

A Plea for a Plastic Free Subscription

From: Jonathan Clark
Subject: A Plea for a Plastic Free Subscription to your Magazine
To: subscriptions@wired.com, info@wired.com, editor@wired.com
Date: Monday, March 22, 2010, 10:25 PM



Dear Wired Magazine and Conde Nast Media Group,

My name is Jonathan Clark and I am a current subscriber to Wired. My account number is ____________.

I would like to request that you offer a subscription option to your magazine that would be guaranteed NOT to be wrapped in a plastic bag while in transit to my house. I understand that you need to protect the quality of the magazine as well as the advertising devices inside, but I am so tired of extra plastic packaging on my products that I would rather not receive your magazine than see another issue in my mailbox wrapped in plastic.

My subscription expires this month and I will not renew unless you can offer me a plastic-wrap free subscription.


Sincerely

Jonathan Clark

Comments:
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
I like this idea!

I wonder if you'll hear back.
 
From: Wired wircustserv@cdsfulfillment.com
Subject: Re: Renewal Question
To: wongojack@yahoo.com
Date: Tuesday, March 23, 2010, 9:43 AM
Dear Subscriber:

We regret to inform you that we do not have the option to
remove the
plastic wrap from your issues.

You may visit our website to access your account online at
http://www.wired.com/


Simply click on "Subscription Services" at the bottom of
the main page,
and you will be directed to Customer Care to access your
account.

Your account number will be required for entry:
_______________

If you should need further assistance, please be sure to
include all
previous e-mail correspondence.

Thank you again for your interest in Wired.

Sincerely,

Sandy
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?